The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship recognizes outstanding students studying in NOAA mission fields. Student scholars receive up to $9,500 per academic year for two years of full-time study, as well as a 10-week, full-time paid ($700/week) summer internship opportunity at NOAA facilities across the US.
To be eligible for this award students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a 2nd year student (Sophomores) or a 3rd year student in a five-year program
- Have a Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Do research in fields that broadly support the NOAA’s programs and mission including, but not limited to:
- Oceanic, Environmental, Biological, and Atmospheric Sciences
- Remote Sensing Technology
- Computer and information science
- Teacher Education
- Any research in other fields that supports the mission of the NOAA below
The deadline for this award is January 31, 2022.
Interested students are highly encouraged to self-enroll in our Hollings Canvas course (using the link below) to access our resources, planning support, and access previous successful applications: https://clemson.instructure.com/enroll/PNHEDK.
Thank you for your time and for passing this opportunity to your students. Please feel free to reach out to with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Zach Mueller