The Spring 2022 THINKER cohort, including both Clemson University and Greenville Tech students, toured the Campbell Center labs on Friday, February 18, 2022. This tour included visiting both ORD and Deep Orange facilities.
- Atul Kelkar accepts position as dean at Binghamton UniversityAtul Kelkar said he plans to remain at Clemson through the spring semester and into the summer and help to assure a smooth transition to new leadership in mechanical engineering. The post Atul Kelkar accepts position as dean at Binghamton University appeared first on Clemson News.
- Department of Automotive Engineering set to confer its 1,000th degreeIn August 2009, as the inaugural nine graduates of the Department of Automotive Engineering crossed the commencement stage, few could have envisioned the remarkable trajectory that lay ahead. Fast forward less than 15 years, and the department is on the […] The post Department of Automotive Engineering set to confer its 1,000th degree appeared first […]
- Robert Prucka of Clemson University elected fellow of SAE InternationalA Clemson University professor who is internationally renowned for mentoring automotive engineering students and for his scholarship in advanced engine control has earned one of his profession’s highest honors. Robert Prucka, the Alan Kulwicki Professor of Motorsports Engineering, is among […] The post Robert Prucka of Clemson University elected fellow of SAE International appeared first […]
- Lithium-ion battery fires are a growing public safety concern − here’s how to reduce the riskClemson scientists who study energy generation, storage and conversion, and automotive engineering have a strong interest in the development of batteries that are energy-dense and safe. The post Lithium-ion battery fires are a growing public safety concern − here’s how to reduce the risk appeared first on Clemson News.
- Shunyu Liu’s pioneering work in 3D-printing metals shows promise for supercharging U.S. manufacturingBy using computer simulations and real-world tests, Shunyu Liu is shaping the future of how industries manufacture and use metal parts while molding the next generation of manufacturing leadership. The post Shunyu Liu’s pioneering work in 3D-printing metals shows promise for supercharging U.S. manufacturing appeared first on Clemson News.
- New library at CU-ICAR celebrates openingClemson Libraries celebrated the grand opening of its new branch library in the automotive engineering department at the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) in Greenville with a ribbon cutting on Wednesday, August 30. The post New library at CU-ICAR celebrates opening appeared first on Clemson News.