THINKER students are continuing work on two projects this semester: one focusing on an IoT implementation, and another developing sensors for verifying component connections in automotive assembly. Students in the THINKER program have the ability to collaborate with Clemson’s Center for Advanced Manufacturing and the Center for Manufacturing Innovation at Greenville Technical College.
- Manufacturers could save time and money with the help of new research led by the Clemson Composites CenterThe Clemson Composites Center is leading a new study that could help manufacturers save time and money while reducing their environmental impact-- a project that adds to the center's fast-growing portfolio of industry-guided automotive and advanced manufacturing research. The post Manufacturers could save time and money with the help of new research led by the […]
- Team that created ultra-lightweight door honored by the U.S. Department of EnergyThe Clemson University-led team that brought together public and private partners to create an ultralight vehicle door to help improve fuel efficiency has won an award from the U.S. Department of Energy's Vehicle Technologies Office. The post Team that created ultra-lightweight door honored by the U.S. Department of Energy appeared first on Clemson News.
- Clemson University recognizes its newly tenured and promoted facultyAt the end of the Spring semester, the University announced the tenure and promotion of 139 faculty. Access details on each faculty member by visiting their linked information. Archives Tenure and promotion details for 2021 and 2020 are available. The post Clemson University recognizes its newly tenured and promoted faculty appeared first on Clemson News.
- Clemson’s Sonoco FRESH initiative awards three research grantsThe second annual Food, Packaging & Sustainability Summit hosted by Sonoco FRESH at Clemson University will focus on strategies to achieve sustainability targets. The FRESH Summit will be held September 19 – 21, 2022 at The Madren Conference Center in Clemson, South Carolina. The post Clemson’s Sonoco FRESH initiative awards three research grants appeared first […]
- Jeremiah Farmer recognized for outstanding support of graduate studentsJeremiah Farmer goes out of his way to help Clemson University’s automotive engineering students navigate graduate school, whether that means helping them find the library or get through the death of a loved one. Those were just a few of […] The post Jeremiah Farmer recognized for outstanding support of graduate students appeared first on […]
- Benjamin Lawler of Clemson University recognized for preparing engineers to meet society’s challengesBenjamin Lawler, an associate professor of automotive engineering, has won the Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award from SAE International. The post Benjamin Lawler of Clemson University recognized for preparing engineers to meet society’s challenges appeared first on Clemson News.