E3—Economy, Energy, and Environment—is a coordinated federal and local technical assistance initiative that helps communities work with their manufacturing base to adapt and thrive in a new business era focused on sustainability.
Joining forces with the local community, E3 provides manufacturers with a) customized, hands-on assessments of production processes to reduce energy consumption, minimize carbon footprints, prevent pollution, and conserve resources; b) lean/green project implementations; c) employee training in green skills; and d) information and technical assistance from other state agencies regarding low interest loan availability and access to these loans for system/equipment costs recommended through assessment/implementation. As a result, E3:
- Helps increase productivity and drive innovation
- Helps foster a smarter and more efficient green workforce;
- Promotes sustainable manufacturing and growth through innovative technology;
- Improves the regional economy by retaining jobs in companies that are better positioned for global competition; and
- Reduces environmental impacts while regaining a competitive advantage.