Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Clemson, SC 29634-0921
Phone: (864) 656-4718
Email: avahidi at clemson dot edu
Prospective Students/Postdocs: To express general interest in joining my lab, please fill out the following Google form which I monitor when I have a position https://forms.gle/Lu49Tk39f2M2amFn8. This is much more effective than sending me an email. Also check out the bottom of this page for specific positions and instructions to apply.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2005.
- M.Sc. Transportation Safety, George Washington University, Washington DC., 2001.
- M.Sc. Structural Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, 1998.
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, 1996.
Advanced Controls applied to:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles, Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Electrified Transportation, Alternative Energy Generation and Storage
- Real‐Time Human Performance Monitoring
POSTDOCTORAL AND PHD STUDENT OPENINGS AT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, USA
to study the impact of one of the largest deployments of automated electric shuttles in the world on Clemson University campus
A postdoctoral research position and up to three Ph.D. assistantship positions are available at Clemson University in South Carolina. In this three-year Department of Energy funded project, the Clemson team will work closely with teams from Optimus Ride, University of California at Berkeley, and Argonne National Lab to investigate the impact of the deployment of 10 Automated Connected Electric Shared shuttles on energy, carbon footprint, parking behavior, and equity as compared to conventional Clemson University transit and will analyze scale up to other campuses and metropolitan areas (more info about the project).
Those interested must fill out the google form at https://forms.gle/D7vaHaYApnzJJ8Rq5 and upload their resume therein. The form is regularly monitored by Professor Ardalan Vahidi and Professor Yunyi Jia.