C2M2 would like to thank all of our speakers, panel members, and participants who took part in our “Path to Entrepreneurship for HBCU Students” webinar. This webinar featured Shelby M. Scales, Director of the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, talks from Hebrew Dixon, Mid South Atlantic Region, Small Business Transportation Resource Center, Kendrick Faison, SpatialGIS, Eric Saint-Marc, ThinkAhead, and Matt Bell, SCLaunch Director, and a panel discussion moderated by Will Cruz, SCLaunch Investment Manager, that featured Minority and Female Owned business founders and HBCU students. You will also hear from Nicole Johnson, Boyd Cycling, and Cephus Simmons, M.D., SealCath, both South Carolina business founders as they discuss their path to entrepreneurship.
Resources discussed in this webinar can be found at the following links.
- USDOT Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- SCDOT – Minority & Small Business Affairs
- South Carolina Research Authority (SCRA)
- Department of Transportation DOT Strategic Plan
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- GIS-Business Journal Impact Factors
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It – by Michael Gerber
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t – by Jim C. Collins